- 1 November 2021The VGA card FINALLY starts to work
- 28 October 2021On Tindie
- 15 October 2021The new boards are in
The final through hole boards for the computer, the IO board, the LCD board and the OPL2 board are in !
- 22 September 2021Planck computer design is in fabrication
The Planck computer is almost ready for the big time. I received the prototype a few days ago and the build with through hole components was fine, except I feel it takes slightly longer to solder all the components when they are through hole, because you have to cut all those spiky legs off, and my side cutters are not very sharp…
- 31 August 2021Redesigning for through hole components
So feedback I received regarding the Planck 6502 computer is that some people are not comfortable soldering surface mount components by hand. I originally used surface mount components to save board space and because I find the larger ones reasonably easy to solder. Also, they are cheaper than through hole components.
- 26 June 2021OPL2 sound card prototype
I am having great trouble building a good VGA output card using either an FPGA or a microcontroller, so for a change I decided to start working on a sound card.
- 9 March 2021Designing a complete extensible computer
The Planck 6502 backplane can make a great retro computer if you add in the basic necessary boards. For the simplest possible configuration however, you need at least three boards : the backplane itself, the CPU board (which also contains RAM and ROM) and a serial board for I/O.
- 1 March 2021Open Hardware certification granted!
I am happy to announce that Planck 6502 is now Open Hardware Certified.